Balance This Thanksgiving
November is the month to give Thanks. I am truly grateful for our modern technology. Like you, my cell phone and computer make my life so much easier. However, there is a need for balance. I recently read that:
- “On average we spend 11+ hours a day digitally connected.
- On average, we check our phones more than 150 times a day.
- 88% of us use a second screen while watching TV.
- 61% of us feel jealous, depressed or annoyed after checking social media updates.
- 60% of us spend more time on computers than with our significant other…and that is just when we are home at the same time!
- There is still a significant amount of texting while driving.”
During this holiday period, spend some time disconnected from your technology and “connect” to your family, friends and colleagues. Give thanks for these personal “connections”. It is these connections that make our life worth living. In the words of Maya Angelou, “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
Happy Thanksgiving from Kaestner & Berry.