Balance This Thanksgiving
November is the month to give Thanks. I am truly grateful for our modern technology. Like you, my cell phone and computer make my life so much easier. However, there is a need for balance. I recently read that:
- “On average we spend 11+ hours a day digitally connected.
- On average, we check our phones more than 150 times a day.
- 88% of us use a second screen while watching TV.
- 61% of us feel jealous, depressed or annoyed after checking social media updates.
- 60% of us spend more time on computers than with our significant other…and that is just when we are home at the same time!
- There is still a significant amount of texting while driving.”
During this holiday period, spend some time disconnected from your technology and “connect” to your family, friends and colleagues. Give thanks for these personal “connections”. It is these connections that make our life worth living. In the words of Maya Angelou, “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
Happy Thanksgiving from Kaestner & Berry.
Beware of Ransomware Attacks
You may have seen reports of worldwide Ransomware attacks currently occurring. These attacks are targeting large and small businesses as well as personal email addresses. Anyone receiving a suspicious email is advised not to open any attachment or click any links.
Some signs of suspicious email include:
- You do not recognize the sender or if you know the sender, the message does not look like something they would send
- The subject and/or attachment name is vague or confusing
- Spelling or grammar errors
- You are part of many people who have been sent the message
- The message is unexpected or not business related
In today’s world, there are always cyber attacks occurring. Kaestner & Berry offers a Cyber/Privacy Breach policy from SafeLaw. This policy is designed specifically for law firms. The policy includes coverage for Cyber Crime and Ransomware. A Cyber/Privacy Breach policy is an excellent way to manage the worry you may have regarding the risk involved in the breach of your systems. Contact Kaestner & Berry for a quote.